domingo, 20 de febrero de 2022

Portrait of a nun/Retrato de una monja

 





29,7 x 42 cm
Pastel and colour pencils on Mi-Taintes paper - Pastel y lápices de color s/papel Mi-Taintes
Year 2021 / Año 2021
Sold/Vendido

This was an order I got through my painting instructor. I never even met the interested people. This woman died recently and they wanted to have something to remember her by, apart from the tiny picture I had to start with, the one you can see on the draft, in the lower left hand corner. The size of a passport foto or smaller. I thought I wouldn´t be able to do it, or that I would loose my sight... but there you go! Apparently they were happy with the result, as they paid without any complaint.

Esto fue un encargo que recibi a través de mi profesora de dibujo. En ningún momento tuve contacto con las personas interesadas. Esta mujer murió recientemente y querían algo para recordarla, algo que no fuera la minúscula foto tamaño carnet que se puede ver en la foto del borrador, abajo a la izquierda. Pensé que no sería capaz de hacer el retrato o que perdería la vista, pero ahí está! Aparentemente se fueron contentas con el resultado, ya que pagaron sin ninguna queja. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario